Dial-a-Song 20 Years of They Might Be Giants
Holy fucking shit I love this stuff. Music with rules is for suckers. This is a killer collection from a killer band. If you disagree you are wrong, like racism and littering, just plain wrong.
All I’m saying is the live version of “Why Does the Sun Shine?” made me get up and dance in my living room. Now I don’t dance. I don’t dance like Muslims don’t eat pork or girls don’t pee standing up. But I got up and shook my body around the room like an epileptic getting electrocuted.
In fact I would have posted this a couple of minutes ago, but I had to go listen to it again.
I know, I know, if I had taken Composition 201 instead of Ceramics I would use fewer similes. However I wouldn’t have any where near as many ashtrays.
Just listen to the discs and feel good, dammit! Did your favorite band write a song about James K Polk or metabolisms and four chambered hearts? Holy fucking shit I love this stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment